Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Living in a Large Storage Unit

As everyone probably experiences when they are younger, we don't think about death being imminent. We feel as though we will live forever.

As we get to that age where close relatives have died, schoolmates are dying and even old boyfriends are nevermore--that's starting to feel scary. Lately, celebrities are dropping like flies. All the money in the world can't buy more time. Maybe, all the money in the world, makes things worse.

So, the day that I knew would eventually come, is finally here, and I am powerless to contain the inevitable admission: "That's it, I can't take it anymore."

I want a fully functioning life!! I'm not willing to give up my hopes and dreams and plans. I'm also not willing to give up my NY apartment, so I have to make some tough decisions.

Here's some advice:

  • Get your cramped little NY apartment organized. It has become nothing more than a large storage unit because there is way too much stuff for the space.
  • Start packing "future use" items into boxes, to be put into an actual storage unit.
  • No more fooling around.
  • Do the work that needs to be done and actually accomplish something.

The clutter is choking the life out of my creativity and severely jeopardizing my sanity.

OK. Now I feel better and I'll keep you up-to-date on my progress.

Later...................

No comments: