Friday, October 23, 2009

If it's not one thing, it's another

Well, time has really gotten away from me. Everyday it's another chore that has been waiting for awhile and is past due to be completed.

My biggest time consumer is taking care of my cat family that are all rescued street cats.  Making sure that my living environment and theirs is clean and comfortable is a lot of work!!  My oldest has diabetes which requires insulin twice a day.  He has been doing very well, but for some reason, out of the blue, he was throwing up in the bathroom just before I tried to go to bed.  That was new, but unsettling.  One of the younger boys is hyper anyway and very attached to my oldest, so he got all worked up and I had to give him something to calm down.  Stress, left unchecked, eventually turns into something far worse, so that is something that I always want to nip in the bud. 

Then, only about an hour later, there was a traffic accident right in front of my apt. building.  Gee whiz--screeching and crashing.  A very large bread truck was left of center (it appeared) and a yellow cab tried to get out of his way and turned sharply to the right and smashed into a parked car.  What a mess.  I didn't think I was ever going to get settled down again.

Oh well....life in the big city.

No comments: