Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TWO and a half MEN


There was an official press release on Monday by Charlie Sheen's publicist.  Sheen has agreed to a new, two-year contract.  Rumor was, he was holding out for $2mil per episode, but so far, there has been no comment on the $$ amount of the contract.

So, did you see the show last night?  [Spoiler Alert]  Jake had most of the best lines (Go Nads, Go Nads).  I know it's bathroom humor, but coming from a teenager, it was pretty funny.  Great to see Martin Mull and his Ojai-So High.  Remember "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?"  Jon Cryer as Alan is becoming way too rehearsed—not spontaneous enough and just not that funny.  He was always the serious one, but I just don't know how they will be able to keep the show fresh for two more years.  The show has already seen its better days.  There is nothing like the reruns.  I've watched them so many times, I have the dialogue memorized, but I still LOL!!

Bringing back some of Charlie's most memorable girl friends was an interesting idea and it worked for me.  ZZ Top in the living room....whoa!!  And Rose, well.........don't we just love Rose to pieces.  I hope they will have Martin Sheen pop in as her father now and then.  Kudos for that brilliant casting.

And all-in-all, even though I had an uncomfortable feeling about the clock, I didn't really expect that particular ending.  Yikes.

No comments: