Monday, March 1, 2010

WP Contractors to the Rescue

It's way more predictable than the weather.  Whenever it snows, the staff employees of most major NYC companies take a snow day or vacation day or sick day--whatever it takes to get them out of work--and then the agency employees are called in to rescue the helpless, over-paid executives who don't know how to answer their own phones or use a computer. 

I can always expect a voicemail message from my agency, awaiting my attention as soon as I finally open my eyes.  I have the ringer turned off on my bedroom phone, so I can deal with all this chaos after I have gotten sufficient beauty rest.  One of my "favorite" clients requested my presence and expertise, and so I have been working 12-hr shifts for the past three days.  At least they pay us well, and feed us too—so it's all good.

So, when the sun came up, I went home and now I am recuperating.  I got to see the Olympics' closing ceremonies, but yesterday, missed the four-man bob sled race, and that was one event that I really did want to see.  But what can you do.  A girl's gotta eat.  Maybe I can see it on the Web.

I have vowed to get busy and be a lot more productive before the next assignment, because I know, inevitably, it will come. No more puttting off until tomorrow.  For now.......  Good night.




No comments: