Tuesday, August 23, 2016

14.  "Vulgarity it is the attempt of a feeble mind
        to express itself forcefully"


Several different people have been credited with authoring this quote, however, no one knows for sure.

I am opposed to profanity.  When someone uses "colorful language" to get attention or just for shock value, they belittle themselves.  If someone gets particularly nasty with me, I like to use the quote because it is such an appropriate put down.

Over the weekend, a popular entertainer
(I won't mention any names) from the 60s/70s/80s, made an appearance at a fund raiser for Hillary Clinton.  During the heyday of this person’s popularity, I was a huge fan.  

The news media referred to the particularly vulgar things that the performer said about Donald Trump and I just found it to be sad and very disappointing.  He/she dropped several "F-Bombs" during the tongue lashing of Trump and even called him Hitler

Some people just aren't capable of conducting themselves with class or good taste.
   

No comments: