Monday, August 15, 2016

8.  Buyer Beware


What's on your mind today?

NYC is having an excessive heat alert that has lasted for several days in a row, with the humidity making it feel even more uncomfortable.  One of my cats had an episode with the heat two days ago.  He has seasonal allergies and so has sinus problems, and possibly mild asthma; but he was panting and freaking out, so I was freaking out because I didn't know what was going on.  I wiped him down with wet paper towels and put him in front of the fan until he cooled off, and then he settled down and relaxed.

Maybe the heat is exacerbating my bad mood and is part of the reason I am all riled up tonight.  I was looking at an item on Etsy and the listing stated the item was "vintage 1950s."  I know the brand, and the company did not exist in the 1950s--they started up in the mid-1980s.  That made me very angry, so I fired off an email to the Seller expressing that Etsy Buyers are not stupid and, what were they thinking.  

Several years ago, I bought a beaded bag on eBay that was listed as from the 1950s.  When I received it, I immediately knew it was not from the 50s because it had a plastic zipper and plastic zippers were not invented until the late 1960s!  Rather than get into a big hassle with the Seller and since I did not pay much for the bag, and also, I liked it; I just let it go.  Back then, eBay allowed Sellers to give Buyers negative feedback for whatever reason they chose, so it was always a gamble to complain about anything.

I will monitor the situation with the Etsy Seller and see what happens.  If the listing description is not corrected, I will have to complain to Etsy higher-ups.  I have not ever gone this far before, so I hope I don't have any repercussions for my complaint.  Wish me luck.  To be continued...
   

No comments: